What personal information does RideAbility collect and why?
RideAbility collects your personal information for the purpose of its provision of services to you and for its operation and administration. The following are the main types of personal information collected by us:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- School statistics
- Date of Birth
- Fax Numbers
- Other family members in membership or event applications
- T-shirt size – when applicable
- Meal Preference – when applicable
- Name and address of an emergency contact (where you wish to participate in an event)
If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
How RideAbility collects personal information
RideAbility collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in written application forms submitted by persons wishing to be a RideAbility member, or to register for our services. These forms can be submitted by mail, fax or through secure sections of our website;
- directly from participants and other riders by email, online forms and the telephone; and
- through surveys.
How does RideAbility use personal information about you?
RideAbility uses your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and for related purposes (or otherwise as required or authorised by law) including:
- for sending you our mail-outs (only if you have subscribed);
- for service planning;
- for research and development;
- for the administration and operation of our business
You may at any time us to advise that you no longer wish to receive mail-outs or other communications from us.