This course is designed for cyclists who would like to learn how to carry out basic maintenance and repairs to their bike. The workshop is led by a professional bike mechanic who makes understanding bike mechanics easy. Numbers are limited to 12 participants to ensure everyone receives the support they need. By the end of the workshop, participants will know how to better maintain a bike and make small adjustments to avoid costly repairs. This knowledge is invaluable to help riders remain safe and minimise their time off their bike. Open to participants from 13 years of age.
A sample of the types of skills covered in the two-hour BICYCLE MAINTENANCE course is provided below:
- Bike safety inspection
- Setting the correct seat post height
- Adjust brake lever position on handle bars
- Checking tyre pressure/tyre selection
- Repairing a puncture
- Replacing a bike tube and tyre
- How to pump up and tune a bike shock
- Checking chain wear and length
- How to repair a broken chain
- How to maintain your chain
- Cleaning your bike
- Adjusting your derailleur
- Check wear of brake pads and adjust to align with disc
- Adjust brakes and gearing
- Recommended repair equipment/tools to carry with you on a ride
A great workshop, really well organised with great information!! Very practical with great instruction and advice. The group size was perfect allowing for lots of questions and hands on help. We also loved the afternoon tea from Thoroughbread bakery…yum!!!
Allison & Jim Parker
Thanks so much!! Learnt heaps and loved my almond croissant 🙂
Thanks Bec and George. Now confident to change a tyre on my own. Thorough bread afternoon tea was a bonus!